AN ANIMAL VACCINATION & WELLNESS PROGRAM IS CRITICAL TO YOUR PET'S HEALTH
As we all know, prevention is always better and more cost effective then the cure of a disease. For example, the treatment of parvo disease can cost ten times more than a single parvo virus vaccination. To plan the appropriate course of vaccination and deworming are very important for keeping your dog and cat healthy over its life time. In the first year of their lives, kittens and puppies require vaccinations around 8, 12 and 16 weeks of age. During their adult lives, cats and dogs require annual vaccination, deworming and wellness testing to prevent many diseases. With regular testing, dog and cat vaccination and check-ups yourself and we can help your pet live a longer and healthier life.
Annual Vaccination for Dogs:
- DA2PP or DHPP combination vaccine ( Distember, parvovirus, Adenovirus(hepatitis), and Parainfluenza )
- Kennel Cough ( Bordetella )
- Leptospirosis -for the prevention of Leptospirosis a zoonotic disease commonly carried by wildlife.
- Lyme Disease ( Tick Borne Disease ) info on Lyme disease
- Giardia- a zoonotic parasite found in other animals stool which can cause diarrhea and gastro upset.
These vaccines are recommended on an annual basis.
Vaccinations for Cats:
- FVRCCP ( Rhinotracheitis, Panlukopenia, Calcivirus and Chlamydia )
- Feline Leukemia
These feline vaccines are recommended on an annual basis.
Puppy vaccines and Kitten vaccines
A good vaccination program starts around 8 week of age, with booster vaccines being given 4 week apart until puppy/ kitten reaches 16 week of age. rabies vaccine for a puppy/ kitten is given around 16 week of age and then given once yearly. Feline Leukemia vaccine for kitten is started after 10 week.
Annual booster are given to ensure that pets's immune system respond to the vaccine and pet is protected from disease. Of course not ALL pets need ALL of these vaccines. Our knowledgeable staff will be more than happy to answer any question you have about which vaccinations are right for your pet.